West African Beef And Peanut StewFrom jo_jo_ba 2 years ago
- 1 tbsp coconut oil shopping list
- ¾ lb raw beef chuck, cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 large onions, diced shopping list
- ¼ tsp jalapeno powder (optional) shopping list
- ¼ tsp black pepper shopping list
- ½ tsp coriander shopping list
- ½ tsp cumin shopping list
- ½ tsp cinnamon shopping list
- ¼ tsp nutmeg shopping list
- 1 large carrot, diced shopping list
- 2 ribs celery, diced shopping list
- 8 green onions (scallions), diced shopping list
- 8 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 tbsp minced ginger shopping list
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced shopping list
- 2 cups low-sodium, gluten free beef broth shopping list
- 1 (15-oz) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes shopping list
- 12 new potatoes, halved (quartered if large) shopping list
- ½ cup chunky natural peanut butter shopping list
- Salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup (tightly packed) beet greens shopping list
How to make it
- Add oil to a deep pot (I used my cast iron Dutch oven) and place over high heat.
- Add the beef chunks in one layer (do not crowd them).
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until meat is browned on all sides. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the onions. Cook, stirring, until softened.
- Stir in the spices and cook until fragrant.
- Add the carrot, celery and green onions and cook until just slightly softened, then add the garlic, ginger and jalapeno, and sauté for 2-3 more minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, potatoes and browned beef.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, uncovered, 2 ½ hours (if you find the stew getting too thick, add a little water). Meat should be fork-tender.
- Stir in the peanut butter, cover simmer 1 hour longer.
- Stir in beet greens and cook just until wilted.
- Taste and adjust seasonings, then serve.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Good To Freeze130 members
Comfort Foods775 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Garlic Lovers460 members
Eggless Cooking Egg Substitues50 members
Garden Harvest90 members
FROM SCRATCH148 members
Good For Your Soul Food30 members
Eat Those Veggies85 members
101 A Celiac Gluten Free Place170 members