~ What Ales Ya' ~From 22566 9 months ago
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour shopping list
- 1/2 Cup WholeWheat Flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Crimson cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon Ginger shopping list
- Pinch Nutmeg shopping list
- Pinch allspice shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter...unsalted shopping list
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Purée shopping list
- 1 Cup brown sugar shopping list
- 2 Eggs shopping list
- 1 Cup Pumpkin Ale...'Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin Ale' is a really good ale for this...just overlook the funky looking label and go for what's inside,and I don't believe that you will be disappointed...for this ale already tastes like 'Pumpkin Bread'...The spiciness in it is high,and this pairs well with this recipe. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.Grease a 9-inch loaf pan. Combine the flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice in a large bowl.
- Melt the butter in pan over low heat.Remove from the heat. Stir in the pumpkin and brown sugar, then stir in the eggs.Then stir in the pumpkin ale. Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry ingredients and stir just until combined, then place the batter into the greased pan.
- Bake for about one hour,or until a cake tester placed in the center comes out clean.Cool then slice and serve.
- I like this with just a dollop of sweetened fresh whipped cream...and a nice steaming cup of coffee laced with 'Fulton's Harvest Pumpkin Pie Cream Liqueur'.A bowl of candy corn and dry roasted peanuts combined and I am ready for Fall.
- http://youtu.be/hrsKJ0KUyJw ( The Guitar Man...Bread )
People Who Like This Dish 0
- 22566 TX
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cook22566 TX
- Not added to any groups yet!