Vegan Caramel TrufflesFrom jo_jo_ba 6 months ago
- 1 cup pitted dates (I used honey dates), soaked in hot water and drained shopping list
- 2 tbsp tahini (use raw if you desire) shopping list
- pinch salt shopping list
- ½ tsp maca powder (I suggest gelatinized if you can find it) shopping list
- stevia-sweetened dark chocolate, for coating (not included in NI) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine dates, tahini, salt and maca powder in a food processor and puree until mixture forms a sticky ball.
- Scrape onto a square of cling wrap, roll into a log and drop into a piping bag (a la this method: http://www.ourbestbites.com/2012/04/kitchen-tip-no-mess-piping-bags/).
- Pipe balls of the mixture onto a wax paper-lined cookie sheet and freeze until solid.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or the microwave and dip caramel centres to coat.
- Store in the fridge.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
Sweet Tooth446 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
The Incredible Allergens8 members
Special NeedsRestricted55 members
No Sugar Low Sugar Cooking94 members
Gifts And Mixes228 members
Unusual Combinations82 members
All Holidays135 members
The Art Of Healthy Living58 members