Tamale Shepards PieFrom thursamaday 2 years ago
Tamale Pie Crust
- 2.5 cups Masa for Tamales shopping list
- 2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 cups pork lard shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tablespoon salt shopping list
- *Optional add a handful of Corn & chopped Jalapeño shopping list
- Pulled Pork *(or any Enchilada filling) shopping list
- black beans shopping list
- Jalapeño shopping list
- Salsa shopping list
- Sweet Potato shopping list
- cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all ingredients (in a Kitchenaid mixer) until fluffly
- Spread into a greased pie dish, it will be very thick.See Photo
- Use any filling that you would like, however I slow-cooked a pork roast for six hours with a mixture of garlic, onion, and orange juice. Jalapeno, black beans, and cilantro were added with the pork for the filling. See Photo
- Top with mashed sweet potatoes and sprinkle of cinnamon. See Photo
- Place in an oven pre-heated to 350 degrees F for 45-60 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of sour cream and enjoy!
The Cookthursamaday Victoria, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!