Baked Lima BeansFrom kzzylvr 6 years ago
- 2 cups (1 lb) large dried lima beans shopping list
- 8 slices bacon (turkey bacon can be substituted) shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. dry mustard shopping list
- 1 tsp. ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 1 medium onion, sliced (approximately 1 cup) shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
How to make it
- Place lima beans in 8 cups of water and refrigerate, covered overnight.
- Next day, in salted water cook lima beans, uncovered over medium heat, until tender and skins burst.. Reserve 1 cup of cooking liquid.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a 2 1/2 quart casserole. Place 1/2 of the bacon, all of the beans and remaining ingredients combined with 1 cup of the reserved cooking liquid.
- Place remaining bacon slices on top.
- Bake, uncovered for 50-60 minutes or until tender. Add more reserved liquid, if necessary.
- Enjoy with beef, pork, or chicken.
The Cookkzzylvr Canoga Park, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!