Bacon wrapped chickenFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into oblong strips of 3 strips per breast shopping list
- 3/4 pound of chipped ham or chipped beef shopping list
- 12 slices bacon, uncooked shopping list
- 2 cans cream of mushroom soup, undiuted shopping list
- 16 ounces sour cream, divided 8 ounces each shopping list
- frozen spinach, drained and chopped, optional shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- cooked rice or mashed potatoes to serve shopping list
How to make it
- Line the bottom of a baking dish with the chipped ham or beef.
- Cut the chicken breasts into oblong strips.
- If using spinach, place a dollop of spinach on each strip.
- Roll each piece, seam down.
- Wrap each strip with a slice of bacon.
- Lay each chicken budle on top of the chipped ham or beef.
- In a mixing bowl, mix 1 can of cream of mushroom and 8 ounces of sour cream. Add salt and pepper to taste and whisk well.
- Pour over top of the chicken.
- Cover the pan with tin foil or a lid and bake at 300 degrees for about 2-2 1/2 hours.
- Check chicken at the 45 minute mark. If it seems to be soaking up the soup mixture, mix another can of soup with another 8 ounces of sour cream and add it to the dish as necessary.
- Serve over mashed potatoes or rice.
- Garnish with chopped chives or chopped scallions if desired.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!