Pav bhajiFrom just4u_nishu 6 years ago
- Ingredients shopping list
- 1) 4 onions (Medium sized) shopping list
- 2) 5 tomatoes (Medium sized) shopping list
- 3) 1/2 cauliflower shopping list
- 4) 1/2 cabbage shopping list
- 5) 15-20 French beans shopping list
- 6) 4-5 carrots shopping list
- 7) 6 potatoes (Medium sized) shopping list
- 8) peas shopping list
- 9) ginger (1 inch) shopping list
- 10) 4-5 big cloves or 7-8 small ones shopping list
- 11) salt to taste shopping list
- 12) Chilly powder 1/2 spoon shopping list
- 13) Pav bhaji masala (I use Everest because mom used it, but any one is fine) shopping list
- 14) oil (4-5 table spoons or less) shopping list
- 15) cilantro (Corriander leaves) shopping list
- 16) Small slices of lime shopping list
- 17) butter (Amul or any) shopping list
How to make it
- 1) Cut and boil the vegetables(Cauliflower, cabbage, carrot, beans). Boil the potatoes and peel them. Mash all the boiled vegetables and the potatoes as well as you can and keep them aside. Do no throw away the water from the vegetables as you can use it later.
- 2) Chop the onions and tomatoes as finaly as possible. In a pan heat and saute the onions till they are deep goldeb brown.
- 3) Add ginger garlic paste to the onion and saute for 2-3 mins.
- 4) Add chopped tomatoes to the pan and saute them till the tomatoes are well done and get maches easily.
- 5) Now you could either use a pav bhaji masher and make this mixture smoother or you could cool it and run it in the blender to make a smoother paste. I do the latter as then you dont feel the onion when you eat the pav bhaji.
- 6) If you have used the blender, pour the mixture back onto the pan and now, add red chilly powder and about 3 spoons on pav bhaji masala and stir and saute till you feel the flavour of the masala ebbing out.
- 7) Now pour in the other mashed vegetables and peas and add salt and stir the whole mixture together.
- 8) Let it heat for 10-15 mins. Add the vegetable broth if you feel that the consistency is too think.
- Garnishing: Your pav bhaji is ready but before you eat it don't forget to garnish it with chopped Cilantro, a slice of lime, maybe chopped onion and most important of all, a dollop of Amul butter!!!! And of course, dont forget the toasted and buttered pav.....enjoy!
The Cookjust4u_nishu Mumbai, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!