Grape JellyFrom floridagirl 7 years ago
How to make it
- First you want to make the grape juice using clean washed grapes.
- To do this you will add 3 1/2 lb. of clean grapes add 1 1/2 c. of water.
- Then bring this to a boil and ximmer covered for approx. 10 minutes.
- Next you will strain and squeeze out all of the juice with a jelly cloth, or whatever means you have.
- Then in a very big pan, put 5 c. of of the juice.
- Next add in the fruit pectin to the juice.
- This needs to be mixed well.
- Now on high flame, bring to a full boil, and boil hard for approx. 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Then add in sugar all at once, and bring back to a full boil, again boil hard for approx. 1 minute stirring constantly.
- Now remove from heat, skim off foam, and pour into hot jars.
- Note: If using paraffin, pour hot paraffin in on top of jelly.
- Or you can seal with canning lids.
The Cookfloridagirl Miramar, CA
- Not added to any groups yet!