No Yolks Deviled EggsFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 8 eggs shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-fat cottage cheese, drained of liquid shopping list
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced scallions or chives if you prefer shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced celery shopping list
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or yellow mustard if you prefer shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley shopping list
- paprika for garnish shopping list
- **Optional, I add prepared horseradish for some zing,but the amount depends on your taste. shopping list
- **Optional, if you have a favorite blend of Mrs. Dash® you can also use that. shopping list
How to make it
- Hard-boil eggs; my tried-and-true method is to start with cold water covering eggs about 1-inch. Bring to a boil, let boil for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and let sit for 18 minutes. Rinse with
- cold water and peel under cool running water.
- Cut eggs in half and discard egg yolks, unless you want to save them for another use.
- In a bowl, beat cottage cheese and mayonnaise until fluffy.
- Add all other ingredients andbeat well.
- Spoon cottage cheese mixture into the hard boiled egg white halves.
- Refrigerate for 30-45 minutes.
- Garnish with paprika.
- No, I won't lie and say it tastes exactly like the real thing, but it comes nicely close and satisfies the palatte.