Irresistible Island Buttermilk BiscuitsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 2 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, cold, cut into 1/2 inch cubes shopping list
- 1/4 cup buttermilk shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cream of tartar and baking soda in the work bowl of a food processor and pulse the machine a few times to mix everything together well.
- Add butter and pulse the machine again until the butter is cut into pea sized pieces.
- With the machine running pour the buttermilk in through the feed tube.
- Stop the machine as soon as the dough comes together.
- Turn the biscuit dough out onto a lightly floured board and knead gently about a dozen times.
- Roll the dough out into a 9x16 rectangle then fold the dough in thirds and roll out again to 1" thickness.
- Cut dough into rounds with a floured 3" cutter.
- Transfer to a baking sheet.
- Gather the scraps and reroll them until all of the dough has been rolled and cut.
- Bake the biscuits for 12 minutes or until they are high and golden brown.
- Serve warm.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!