Pork and apple stewFrom jaie 7 years ago
- 1 pound boneless pork shoulder, cut in 3/4-inch cubes shopping list
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/2 can condensed beef broth shopping list
- 2/3 cup apple juice shopping list
- water shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 medium bay leaf shopping list
- pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 cup sliced carrots shopping list
- 2 apples, cored and chopped shopping list
- 2-3 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- mashed potatoes or rice to serve under shopping list
How to make it
- Trim fat from pork.
- In a saucepan, brown pork in oil; pour off fat.
- Add onion, broth, apple juice, 1/3 cup water and seasonings.
- Heat to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover.
- Simmer for 1 hour 30 minutes.
- Add carrots.
- Simmer 25 minutes more or until done.
- Gradually blend 1/4 cup water into flour until smooth.
- Slowly stir into stew mixture.
- Cook, stirring until thickened.
- Serve immediately.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!