Vegan Banana-date-walnut MuffinsFrom pinkpotter 8 years ago
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 3/4 cup unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 1 cup mashed bananas (around 2 medium ones) shopping list
- 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup vanilla soymilk shopping list
- 1/3 cup + 2 tbsp applesauce** shopping list
- 2 tbsp agave nectar shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped dates shopping list
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts shopping list
- **I added 2 tbsp of applesauce to make up for the missing banana (recipe called for 1.25 cups of banana). However the muffins came out slightly gummy so I might omit the extra 2 tbsp next time. shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a muffin tin with paper liners/ spray the muffin tin with oil
- Combine the flours, baking powder, salt & cinnamon. (Sifting would be a good idea)
- In another bowl, combine the mashed banana, sugar, soymilk, applesauce & agave nectar.
- Pour the wet banana mixture into the dry flour mixture.
- Stir till there are streaks of flour still present.
- Scatter the dates into the bowl (dates can be sticky so make sure you separate the dates by pulling apart the chopped bits to ensure they are evenly spread out in the batter).
- Add the walnuts
- Stir everything together briefly (just enough to get rid of the streaks of flour).
- Pour/ scoop batter into the paper liners/ muffin tins.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Test for done-ness with a toothpick.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- pinkpotter Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookpinkpotter Whitehouse Station, NJ
- Not added to any groups yet!