Lemon Poppy Seed Pancakes with Honey ButterFrom grizzlybear 9 years ago
- honey Butter: shopping list
- Melt one stick of butter, and add 1/2 cup of honey slowly while whipping the mixture. When it is smooth and opaque, it's done! Let it cool. shopping list
- Pancakes: shopping list
- 3 Cups unbleached white flour shopping list
- 1 Cup Quick (not instant) oatmeal shopping list
- 1 Cup sour cream shopping list
- 5 eggs shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon salt shopping list
- 4 Tablespoons poppy seeds shopping list
- Zest of 2 lemons shopping list
- 1/2 Teaspoon vanilla powder or extract shopping list
- 1 Teaspoon lemon oil (for cooking...not furniture polish!) shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup water shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- Mix all the dry ingredients first.
- Add the eggs, sour cream, milk, water and beat until fully mixed.
- Add the lemon zest, lemon oil and poppy seeds. Mix thoroughly
- After batter has sat for 30 minutes, add more liquid if necessary (the grains absorb liquid quickly).
- Spoon batter on buttered grill and cook until bubbles form on top; turn and brown on other side.
- Serve with the Honey-butter.