Veg Makhanwala Indian Cream VegetablesFrom yokotachick 7 years ago
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil shopping list
- 1 cup lite creme shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup (or more to taste) shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- dash of hot sauce (any red hot sauce) shopping list
- 1 tsp cumin seeds shopping list
- 2 tsp curry powder (garam masala) shopping list
- vegetables shopping list
- 1 lb string beans shopping list
- 2 potatoes shopping list
- 2 onions shopping list
- 2 scallion shopping list
- 2 carrots shopping list
- 1 garlic shopping list
- 2 tomatoes pureed shopping list
- 1/2 lb sweet corn (frozen) shopping list
- 5-6 strands of cilantro (or coriander) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut potatoes into small 1/2 Inch cubes. Boil them until 75% done.
- Dice onions.
- Boil carrots, corn, string beans together or separately.
- Puree tomatoes and blend them.
- Chop garlic, scallions (whites and greens separately).
- Cooking: (Medium to high heat)
- In a medium sized skillet, heat up the oil till its hot.
- Add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- Add garlic, saute till golden and sizzling.
- Add onions and saute them till transparent (or cooked).
- Add potatoes, saute it for 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the boiled vegetables.
- Cover and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add scallion (whites), tomato puree, curry powder, hot sauce, salt, pepper, ketchup and cover and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add creme and cook for another 2 minutes on high. Cover and let it sit on stove for 10 minutes.
- Sprinkle the finely chopped coriander and scallion (greens) and serve!
- Have fun!
- (Best when served with Naan or Basmati rice)
People Who Like This Dish 1
- yokotachick NYC, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookyokotachick NYC, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!