Baby Octopuses in Red WineFrom donata52 6 years ago
- 750g baby octopuses shopping list
- 1 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 2 teaspoons oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed shopping list
- 1 medium onion (120g), finely chopped shopping list
- 2 bacon rashers (80g), chopped shopping list
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts shopping list
- 425g can tomatoes shopping list
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare octopuses by cutting off the heads, just below the eyes. Remove beaks, rinse octopuses under cold water. Place octopuses and wine in a bowl, cover, refrigerate, marinate 4 hours or overnight.
- Next day, drain octopuses, reserve 2 tablespoons of the wine marinade. Heat oil in a frying pan, add garlic, onion and bacon, stir constantly over heat until onion is soft. Add pine nuts, stir over heat a further 2 minutes. Add undrained, crushed tomatoes, lemon juice and reserved wine; bring to the boil, reduce heat, simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Place octopuses in ovenproof dish, add tomato mixture, cover, bake in moderate oven for 1 ½ hours. Stir in parsley just before serving.
The Cookdonata52 Salisbury, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!