Faina or FarinataFrom pip 7 years ago
- 3 3/4 cups water shopping list
- 2 1/3 cups Italian chick pea flour shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- rosemary (optional) shopping list
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- ground pepper shopping list
- parmessan cheese (4 tablespoons) shopping list
- onion powder (around 2 tablespoons) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Mix the water and the flour with a wooden spoon or a whisk; make sure there are no lumps, add salt to taste, and mix again.
- 2. Add the rosemary, the parmessan cheese and the onion powder and let it sit for a while (one to three hours or even better overnight).
- 3. At this point add the olive oil. Remove the rosemary and pour in a baking pan.
- It should be about an eighth of an inch thick, perhaps a little more. Put it in a preheated oven at 190-200° C (375-400° F). [I have found some recipes that say you should put the pan in your pizza stone or the hottest part of your oven for 15 minutes and then put it in a colder spot, usually the middle or the top, for 20 minutes more].
- 4. Remove from the oven when one of the corners (or the edge) starts to appear dark. Sprinkle plenty of pepper and serve.
- It is of paramount importance that the pan is perfectly flat and level when in the oven, otherwise one of the corners will be thicker and will be undercooked when the opposite corner starts to darken.
The Cookpip Capital Federal, AR
- Not added to any groups yet!