Fresh Coffee Ice Cream RecipeFrom maddie 10 years ago
How to make it
- Take the finely ground coffee and pour the water onto it then let it stand for about 10 mins.
- You then need to remove the coffee grounds so strain the mixture.
- In a heatproof bowl mix together the sugar and egg yolks, then whisk until thick and pale. Whisk in the milk and the coffee, then put the bowl over a saucepan of simmering (though not boiling) water. Cook until the mixture is thick (ie. until it forms a layer on the back of a wooden spoon) being sure to stir it all the time. Take the saucepan off the heat and place the bowl to one side to cool.
- If you want to prevent a skin forming on the mixture you can try covering the surface with a piece of damp, greaseproof paper. When cool, transfer the complete mixture into a bowl and refrigerate it for atleast 6 -8 hours.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- maddie Bangalore, IN
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookmaddie Bangalore, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!