Herby stuffed chicken breastsFrom eilen 8 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 4 paper-thin slices speck or prosciutto shopping list
- 2-3 tsp. chopped fresh sage shopping list
- 2 tbs. hard cheese such as aged goat's cheese, grated, or even cheddar if you like shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- flour, for dredging shopping list
- olive oil, a fairly good amount shopping list
- one lemon shopping list
How to make it
- Pound each breast half out to an even thickness. Season with salt and pepper and set on a plate.
- Place the speck or prosciutto on the chicken, then sprinkle over the cheese and sage evenly on each half. Fold the chicken in half, so the stuffing stays in.
- Dredge the chicken in the flour.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan large enough to hold the chicken. You want it to come up the side about 1/4 inch.
- When hot, add the stuffed chicken and brown it nicely on both sides until it's cooked through. This may take a while and if it's getting too dry on the outside and isn't cooking through, you may want to finish them in the oven. It took me a couple of times to get it nice and browned on the outside without drying out.
- To serve, squeeze a bit of lemon juice over the chicken and maybe sprinkle with a bit more sage.