Chicken Cheese EnchiladasFrom askksk 7 years ago
- 1 (1.25 oz) package taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 1 Tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces or strips shopping list
- 12 oz (3 cups) shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 15 oz container ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1 4.5 oz can chopped green chilies shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 16 oz jar chunky salsa shopping list
- 1 10.5 oz package (12 tortillas) flour tortillas shopping list
How to make it
- In a re-sealable food storage plastic bag, combine taco seasoning mix, oil and 1/4 cup of the water; seal bag and mix well. Add chicken pieces; turn to mix. Refrigerate 5 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine 2 1/2 cups of the cheese, cilantro, salt, ricotta cheese, green chilies and egg; mix well.
- Heat large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add chicken with marinade; cook and stir 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in the center.
- In ungreased 13x9-inch (3 qt) glass baking dish, combine 1/2 cup of the chunky salsa and remaining 1/4 cup water; mix well. Spread evenly in bottom of baking dish. Spoon 1/3 cup cheese mixture down center of each Tortilla. Top with chicken; roll up. Place filled Tortillas, seam side down, over salsa mixture in baking dish. Drizzle enchiladas with remaining salsa. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted.
The Cookaskksk LOUISVILLE, KY
- Not added to any groups yet!