Poached Pears in Red WineFrom foodable 9 years ago
How to make it
- Bring the liquids, cinnamon and sugar to a boil in a non-reactive pot. Be very careful of the flame from the alcohol!
- Add the pears to the liquid cover and let simmer for 35 minutes, turning occasionally. When tender then remove and let cool.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and reduce the liquid by 1/3.
- Let the sauce cool and spoon in the middle of a plate with the pear in the center. Serve with the shortbread cookies.
The Cookfoodable Cleveland, OH
- Not added to any groups yet!