Southwestern Pork And BeansFrom craftyazgirl 8 years ago
- 1/2 lb. pork tenderloin, cut into 12 equal slices. shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander shopping list
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided shopping list
- 1/2 small yellow onion, thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup) shopping list
- 2 cups canned pinto beans, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 2 cups canned crushed tomatoes shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced jalapeno pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
How to make it
- Lay pork slices on a cutting board. Using a mest mallet or the flat side of a heavy knife, pound each slice to an even 1/8 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle both sides of pork with coriander, lightly pressing coriander into meat.
- In a large skillet, heat half of oil over high heat. Add some pork slices to skillet; cook in batches until browned, about 2 minutes per side. Place pork on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork slices.
- Add remaining oil to skillet and heat over medium heat.
- Add onions and saute until soft about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low. Stir in pinto beans, Tomatoes, garlic, Jalapeno pepper, tomato paste, oregano, and salt. Cook, partially covered, until tomatoes soften, about 20 minutes.
- Return pork to skillet; cook, covered, until heated through, about 3 to 4 minutes.