Ham and RiceFrom razzbaby 9 years ago
- 2 ham slices diced shopping list
- green bell pepper diced shopping list
- yellow bell pepper diced shopping list
- red bell pepper diced shopping list
- onions or shallots diced shopping list
- tomatoes shopping list
- mushrooms-optional as few or as many as your taste shopping list
- (can add cooked diced potatoes but then no rice) shopping list
- cheese (jarlsberg or gruyere) grated coarsely. shopping list
- rice-I use texamati or basamati rice. shopping list
- taco seasonings shopping list
How to make it
- The dicing can be as fine or as coarse as your tastes. I dice the ham and peppers medium. The shallots are more finely diced.
- Begin saute with the mushrooms and then add the ham
- As the ham and mushrooms saute add the other ingredients to the mixture.
- Tomatoes are the last vegetable to be added. I use the grape or cherry tomatoes, but I've also used whole tomatoes as well.
- Meanwhile follow directions for the rice. After that has cooked add the taco seasoning to the rice. I like a spicy flavor so I do add the packet.
- After the ham and pepper mixture has sauteed the last ingredient to be added is the cheese. I added cheese to cover the entire mixture over the top. ( You can put that in the broiler for browned top).
- Serve over the rice.
The Cookrazzbaby Minneapolis, MN
- Not added to any groups yet!