Beef StroganoffFrom infoxicatinglady 8 years ago
How to make it
- Finely dice the onion, then slice the mushrooms, and lastly slice the beef, keeping all three separate.
- Mix the sugar and mustard powder together with salt and pepper (to taste... I use around 1/2 teaspoon of each) with just enough water to make a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in large, heavy based pan.
- Add the onions, and cook until transparent.
- Add beef, and cook until browned.
- Add mushrooms, and cook until almost all fluids have been absorbed back in.
- Stir the mustard mixture through.
- Add the sour cream 1 tablespoon at a time (this is important. if you add it too quickly, or at too high an heat, it will curdle) until a whole cup has been added. remove from heat, and stir the rest of the sour cream through.
- Serve with mash, rice or noodles, and green vegies.
The Cookinfoxicatinglady Lismore, AU
- Not added to any groups yet!