Pasta Spinach and bacon or soy substitute baconFrom jennilynh 9 years ago
- Yields: 4 servings shopping list
- INGREDIENTS shopping list
- 1 (12 ounce) package penne pasta shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided shopping list
- 6 slices bacon, chopped or vegitarian substitute shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, rinsed and torn into bite-size pieces shopping list
How to make it
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add the penne pasta, and cook until tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Place bacon in the skillet, and cook until browned and crisp. Add garlic, and cook for about 1 minute.
- Stir in the tomatoes, and cook until heated through.
- Place the spinach into a colander, and drain the hot pasta over it so it is wilted.
- Transfer to a large serving bowl, and toss with the remaining olive oil, and the bacon and tomato mixture.
The Cookjennilynh Houston, TX
The Rating2 people
I really liked this and would probably like it even better if I had not of messed up and bought green chili diced tomatoes, lol! Archie, my husband, didn't care for it but it was probably because of the tomatoes..thanks for sharing!simplysober in Lubbock loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!