Spicy n Nice RiceFrom kimberg 8 years ago
- 1 cup long grain brown rice shopping list
- 2 ½ cups water shopping list
- 2 tbs canola oil shopping list
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped ( or to taste) shopping list
- 1 large onion, chopped shopping list
- 1 11/2 tbs italian seasoning shopping list
- 1 tsp chili powder shopping list
- 1/8 tsp cayenne shopping list
- 8 oz can mushroom Pieces shopping list
- ½ cup almonds, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 8 oz can tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 cup water shopping list
- 16 oz corn, fresh or frozen shopping list
- 1 tsp paprika (or to taste) shopping list
- 1 tbs parsley flakes (or to taste) shopping list
- 2 tbs Soy Bits (or to taste) shopping list
- 3 roma tomatoes, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to boil, add rice. Simmer until tender or water is gone.
- In a 12-inch skillet, sauté onions, garlic and spices until golden brown. Add mushrooms and almonds, sauté for 3 minutes. Reduce heat, add tomato sauce and water. Let simmer while rice finishes cooking. When rice is tender, add to the sauce. Add corn, mixing thoroughly. Cook covered for 3 minutes. Arrange chopped tomatoes on top for a garnish. Sprinkle with paprika, parsley flakes and soy bits. Serve with grated cheese of your choice. Now you can tell what we're having for dinner tonight.
The Cookkimberg Winnemucca, NV
- Not added to any groups yet!