Tomato French Onion SoupFrom upstatevoyager 6 years ago
- 4 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 1 can beef consomme shopping list
- 1/4 cup dry red wine shopping list
- 4 slices French or Italian bread, toasted shopping list
- mozzarella cheese, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- In large saucepan, saute onions in butter until softened.
- Add tomatoes with liquid, water, consomme and wine.
- Bring to a boil, skimming off any "foam" that collects.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Place bread in the bottom of 4 oven-proof bowls.
- Ladle soup over bread.
- Cover with cheese.
- Place soup bowls under broiler until cheese is melted and just slightly browned around the edges.
People Who Like This Dish 1
- upstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookupstatevoyager Scotia, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!