Scroggins Estate Pickled Green OnionsFrom chefmeow 7 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 3/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- Few drops green food coloring shopping list
- Few drops yellow food coloring shopping list
- 4 cups sliced green onions shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed shopping list
How to make it
- In saucepan combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt then bring to a boil stirring occasionally. Cool then add food coloring to syrup. In a one quart container combine onions, mustard seed and celery seed. Pour syrup over all then cover and let stand overnight. Add more onions to fill container then refrigerate 3 days before serving.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!