Sausage LasagnaFrom mikebrittain 7 years ago
- 1 lb Italian link sausage (sweet) shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic shopping list
- 1 T basil leaves shopping list
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes shopping list
- 2 6 oz cans tomato paste shopping list
- Fresh lasagna noodles (sheets) shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 3 cups ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated romano cheese shopping list
- 2 T parsley flakes shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp pepper shopping list
- 8 oz shredded mozzarella shopping list
- 1 T olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Brown sausage links in a skillet. Allow to cool, then cut into 1/4 inch rounds.
- Saute garlic in a little olive oil and then add basil, salt, tomatoes, and tomato paste. Simmer over medium heat 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Blanch lasagna noodles in boiling water for 1 minute each. Rinse noodles with cold water, then allow to cool on wax paper. Cut sheets to fit 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Beat eggs; add ricotta, Romano, parsley, salt, and pepper.
- Layer one sheet of lasagna onto bottom of 9 x 13 x 2 inch baking dish. Spread 1/2 of the ricotta filling; layer sausage over ricotta; spread 1/2 of the tomato sauce. Layer second sheet of lasagna. Spread remaining ricotta filling, followed by remaining tomato sauce. Sprinkle mozzarella over top.
- Cover dish with foil and bake at 375 F for 30 minutes. Remove foil after 20 minutes of baking. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Or, freeze and bake at 375 F for 45-60 minutes.