Whole Wheat Applesauce PancakesFrom owyn 9 years ago
- The Mix: shopping list
- 2 cups whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 cup all purpose flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2 tbsp baking powder shopping list
- 4-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1-1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- The pancakes: shopping list
- 1 cup mix shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 4 tbsp apple sauce shopping list
- Approx 3/4 cup milk shopping list
How to make it
- 1)Sift ingredients of pancake mix into a sealed plastic container. Keeps unrefrigerated for 3 months. Store until needed.
- 2)I use a 2 cup measuring cup to make a breakfast for 1. Makes for less cleanup.
- 3)Break egg into measuring cup and beat with fork.
- 4)Add 4 tbsp applesauce and beat again.
- 5)Add enough milk to measure 1 cup of liquid (approx 3/4 cup). Beat again.
- 5)Slowly stir in 1 cup of mix with fork. Mix should be a bit stiff, do not over mix.
- 6)Pre heat non-stick electric griddle to 300F. Add a small amount of oil. More oil is required if griddle is not non-stick.
- 7)Use 2 heaping tbsp of mixture per pancake. Cook 4 pancakes at a time. Swirl skillet immediately after dropping mixture in to slightly spread mixture.
- 8)Cook 3 minutes (until bubbles form on top) and flip. Cook for additional 3 minutes on other side.
- 9)Serve with favourite toppings.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookowyn London, CA
The Rating4 people
Very awesome recipe. Great texture, easy to make. I also like that there's extra mix left over for the next time these are made.vilerat in Saint Louis loved it
I made these this morning! They were FAAAAABULOUS. I never thought to do up the mix and just have it to quick make pancakes. I personally used soymilk instead of milk milk, I add vanilla to everything and I threw a few very ripe bananas in. OMG.....morecrazycookinchick in Hartford loved it
I made these this morning and the kids loved them. I did make a couple of changes just to make them a bit more healthy. I used one cup of each: Multi Grain, Whole Wheat and Buckwheat flour. I omited the salt, sustituted 2 tbs honey for the sugar and...morejustforthefunofcooking in Summerside loved it