Chinese Quing TangFrom oldgringo 6 years ago
- 1-1/2 pounds chicken parts bone in; mature chicken best shopping list
- 1-1/2 pounds pork spareribs; or pork neck bones shopping list
- 6 quarts water shopping list
- 4 onion, scallions; 4 tied in 4 knots shopping list
- 4 fresh ginger root 1-inch sections; crushed with skin on shopping list
- 4 tablespoons chinese rice wine or dry sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Place the ingredients in a large stewing pot. Cover with water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 1-1/2 hours. Skim the surface of any solid deposits that rise up. As the liquid reduces, maintain the liquid at about 4 quarts.
- Since this stock may be used in many other dishes, salt is added, as needed, at the time the stock is used.
- Remove chicken, pork and bones, then strain the stock into pint or quart jars. Can, freeze or refrigerate as you wish.
- Note: A whole hen may be substituted for chicken parts, such as, backs, wings, necks, tails, etc. Hens make a richer flavored stock than fryers. Use any chicken and pork meat for other recipes.