Mexicali Chicken SaladFrom jaie 9 years ago
- 2 cups cut-up cooked chicken breast shopping list
- 1-15-1/2 ounce can kidney beans, rinsed and drained or substitue chick peas shopping list
- 2 scallions, diced shopping list
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, torn into pieces shopping list
- Mexicali Dressing (below) shopping list
- 1 large avocado shopping list
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- tortilla chips, broken shopping list
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges shopping list
- 1 can ripe black olives, pitted and sliced shopping list
- Mexicali Dressing: shopping list
- 1 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 1/2 cup ketchup shopping list
- 2 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder shopping list
How to make it
- In a bowl, mix cooked chicken, beans, cheese, onions and lettuce.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- In a bowl, thoroughly mix all ingredients for Mexicali dressing.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, cut avocado into bite-sized pieces.
- Add avocado to dressing and stir.
- Add dressing mixture to chicken mixture and toss.
- Sprinkle with tortilla chips and garnish with tomatoes and olives.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!