Raisin CakeFrom dianamae 9 years ago
How to make it
- Boil water and raisins together until water is reduced to 1 1/2 cups.
- To cooled raisin water, add baking soda ( Use large container, as it will foam up. Set aside
- Beat sugar & shortening until mixed well.
- Add eggs and vanilla & beat again.
- Add flour & salt, beat until well blended.
- Add water and beat again. Stir in raisins.
- Grease & flour one 13" X 9" pan or two 9" round pans.
- Spread batter into pans and bake in preheated 350° oven for 25-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean. Cool on wire racks and frost with vanilla or buttercreme frosting.
The Cookdianamae Syracuse, NY
- Not added to any groups yet!