Artichoke and Jack DipFrom jaie 8 years ago
- Pita Chips: shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 3- 6 inch pita breads shopping list
- Dip: shopping list
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt shopping list
- 4-6 drops hot sauce, I use Frank's® shopping list
- 2 cups shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 1-14 ounce can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 medium tomato, chopped and drained shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced scallions shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°.
- In a small bowl, stir together melted butter and taco seasoning mix.
- Cut each pita into 6 wedges and separate each wedge in half. (You should have 36 wedges.)
- Brush both sides of each pita wedge with butter-taco mixture.
- Place pita wedges, not overlapping, on a 15x10x1-inch jelly pan.
- Bake for 8 minutes and remove from oven.
- Turn each wedge over and continue to bake for 2-5 minutes more or until wedges are golden brown and crisp.
- Meanwhile, beat mayonnaise, cream cheese, garlic salt and hot sauce in a large mixing bowl on medium speed. Scrape bowl often while mixing 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in 1-1/2 cups cheese and the artichoke hearts by hand.
- Spread artichoke mixture into an ungreased 9-inch pie pan.
- Sprinkle with tomato, onions, and remaining cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve with pita chips.
The Cookjaie Allentown, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!