Mocha Ice Cream CupcakesFrom treysaunt 6 years ago
- One 12 - Count box sugar ice cream cones shopping list
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 3/4 cup almonds, toasted and chopped shopping list
- One 3-ounce bar semisweet chocolate, plus more for shavings shopping list
- 3 cups coffee ice cream, softened shopping list
- 1/2 cup chocolate-covered espresso beans, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Using a food processor, grind the ice cream cones into fine crumbs. Transfer to a medium bowl and stir in the butter. Divide the crumb mixture among the cups of a 6 cup jumbo muffin pan and press about three-quarters of the way up the sides of each cup. Spoon 1 tablespoon almonds into each cup.
- 2. In a small, microwaveable bowl, melt 3 ounces chocolate at medium power in intervals, stirring occasionally. Top the almonds with the melted chocolate to cover. Freeze for 10 minutes.
- 3. Spoon about 2 tablespoons ice cream into each muffin cup. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon chopped espresso beans onto the ice cream and flatten with the back of a spoon. Add another 2 tablespoon ice cream and the remaining almonds and flatten again. Add the remaining ice cream and espresso beans and flatten. Freeze for at least 1 hour.
- 4. Whip the cream and confectioners' sugar until soft peaks form.
- 5. Run a knife around the edges of the muffin cups to remove from the pan. Top the cakes with the whipped cream and chocolate shavings.
- SMART TIPS:
- 1. Toast nuts in a dry skillet over medium heat to bring out their flavor.
- 2. Use your fingers to press the crumb mixture up the sides of the muffin pan.
- 3. Gently release the cupcakes from the pan with a kitchen knife.
- 4. Shave the chocolate with a vegetable peeler.
The Cooktreysaunt Raleigh, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!