Fruit and Nut Basmati Rice with Chicken optionalFrom thepiggs 10 years ago
- 1 Cup basmati rice shopping list
- 1 Cup diced cooked chicken breasts (optional) shopping list
- ¼ Cup dark raisins shopping list
- ¼ Cup golden raisins shopping list
- ¼ Cup chopped dried apricots shopping list
- ½ Cup halved raw cashews shopping list
- 2 tsp curry powder, divided shopping list
- 1 large tart, crisp chopped apple shopping list
- 1/3 Cup chopped green onion shopping list
- sea salt to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Cook rice as directed on package, omitting salt.
- Before draining, add raisins, apricots and diced chicken . Drain and sprinkle ½ tsp curry powder on top of rice. Cover and set aside, allowing dried fruit to plump.
- Heat a heavy large skillet on medium heat. Add cashew halves and 1½ tsp curry powder. Shake skillet frequently for two minutes to lightly toast cashews and warm curry powder.
- Add apples and green onions, stirring until curry powder coats them. Add (optional chicken), toss until completely heated.
- Remove from heat and add rice mixture. Sprinkle with sea salt to taste.
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating2 people
sounds scrummy, can't wait to try this too!
am making this for lunch today!
have made this scrummy dish and loved it so much I make it all the time!!!!!
so you're getting my 5 again, you lovely lovely girl
- Not added to any groups yet!