SpanakopitaFrom jdedrick 8 years ago
- 1/4 cup water shopping list
- 1 10 oz package of frozen spinach shopping list
- 2 tsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped scallions shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 oz. feta cheese, crumbled shopping list
- 3 oz. Cottege cheese shopping list
- 1 tbsp. chopped dill shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/3 tsp. salt shopping list
- 8 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed shopping list
- 1 stick butter, melted shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Bring water to a boil. Add spinach, cover and cook until thawed. Place spinach in a colander and drain until barely moist. Set aside
- Heat oil in pan over med-high heat
- Add scallions, garlic and saute until scallions are soft. Add the spinach, feta, cottage cheese, dill, pepper and salt. Stir to combine and remove from the heat.
- Place 1 phyllo sheet on a buttered sheet pan. (Cover remaining dough to keep from drying out). Coat 3 more phyllo sheets, one at a time with melted butter and stack one on top of the other.
- Spoon spinach mixture on top of phyllo sheets and spread evenly.
- Brush remaining phyllo dough with butter and place on top of spinach mixture, making sure to press phyllo down firmly. Score the phyllo dough into a triangle and butter the top of the phyllo.
- Bake for 35 mins or until golden brown. Cut into triangles. Serve warm
The Cookjdedrick Wilmington, NC
- Not added to any groups yet!