Corn PuddingFrom grizzlybear 7 years ago
- 10 to12 ears white corn, husks and silk removed shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 1 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon orange zest shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- cranberry sauce, recipe follows shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease 8 (6-ounce) custard cups and set aside. Grate each ear of corn on a coarse grater to extract 3 cups of corn pulp. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until frothy. Add the cream, sugar, butter, orange zest, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon and salt. Add the corn and cranberries and stir to combine. Divide among the custard cups. Place on a baking sheet and bake until the center is barely set, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from the oven and lightly dust the tops with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Serve hot or warm with Cranberry Sauce.
- Cranberry Sauce:
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Combine the cranberries, maple syrup, orange zest, and orange juice, and bring to a simmer. Cook until the cranberries pop. Lower the heat and cook until the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and add lemon juice, to taste.
- Yield: 2 1/2 cups
The Cookgrizzlybear CA
- Not added to any groups yet!