Pumpkin pie made with ice creamFrom ashnbri 6 years ago
- 1 1/2 pints vanilla ice cream, softened shopping list
- 3 eggs shopping list
- 1 3/4 cups pumpkin puree shopping list
- 3/4 cup white sugar shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg shopping list
- 2 (9 inch) unbaked pie shells shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C.) Place ice cream near the warm oven to soften.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs. Stir in the pumpkin puree, sugar, salt, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg. Mix in soft ice cream until smooth. Pour filling into two 9 inch pie shells.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake an additional 30 to 40 minutes, or until filling is set.
- To use fresh pumpkin, preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Wash, and halve pie pumpkin(s). Scoop out seeds. Place pumpkin halves cut side down in baking pan. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until pumpkins are soft to the touch. Remove from oven, and let cool. Scrape out pumpkin meat, and puree in food processor or blender. (This can be done several weeks in advance and the puree stored in the freezer.)