One-hour Sausage and Seafood PaellaFrom anna2913 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1/2 medium onion, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 green bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 1/2 red bell pepper, sliced shopping list
- 3/4 lb. uncooked spicy pork sausage (such as chorizo) shopping list
- 3/4 lb. shrimp, shelled and de-veined shopping list
- 1/2 lb. grouper fillet (or other white fish), cut into bite-size pieces shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. ground coriander shopping list
- 1-2 tsp. red chili powder* shopping list
- 3/4 c. arborio rice shopping list
- pinch of saffron threads** shopping list
- 2 c. chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp. white vinegar* shopping list
- 2 tbsp. fish sauce* shopping list
- * Optional, to taste. shopping list
- ** saffron is pretty expensive, but in addition to flavor, it also provides that nice yellow color to your paella. For a cheaper alternative, perhaps a dash of turmeric will give you the good color as well. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large wok or skillet, heat olive oil and add garlic, saute for 1 minute on medium-high heat.
- Add onion and bell pepper, saute for another 3-4 minutes until onions soften.
- Add pork sausage, breaking it up into bits as it cooks, and allowing it to brown.
- Add shrimp, fish, coriander, and red chili powder, stirring for 2-3 minutes, until all ingredients are well-mixed.
- Add rice and saffron threads, and mix well until rice is coated. Fish and shrimp should be turning white. Saute for another minute or two.
- Add chicken stock slowly, bringing to a boil.
- Add vinegar and fish sauce if desired, for extra flavor, and stir.
- Reduce to low heat and let liquid simmer, uncovered, for about 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- When rice is cooked, and the dish is still slightly saucy, your paella is ready!
- Remove from heat, cover, let stand a few minutes, and serve.
The Cookanna2913 Nowhere, Us
- Not added to any groups yet!