Pumpkin BreadFrom flovie 9 years ago
- 1 medium pumpkin (3 cups pulp) shopping list
- 1 cup safflower oil shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 1 cup yogurt shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cloves shopping list
- 4 teaspoons baking soda shopping list
- 4 cups whole wheat pastry flour shopping list
- (You can substitute 3 cups of canned or frozen pumpkin if desired.) shopping list
How to make it
- Cut pumpkin into halves, remove seeds and fibers and bake flesh side down on a buttered baking sheet for 30-45 minutes at 350 F., or until fork tender. Let cool for a few minutes.
- Put oil in blender. Using a towel to handle, scrape out hot pulp and put it into blender too, a cup at a time, and blend until smooth.
- Spoon into a large mixing bowl, then add all other ingredients except flour, mixing very well.
- Add flour. Stir well, then taste batter. If it isn't sweet enough for you, add more honey.
- Spoon into 2 oiled 8 1/2-inch by 4 1/2-inch bread pans and bake at 325F. for 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing from rack.
- Yield: 2 loaves