Chocolate Pie Pretzel CrustFrom recipediva 6 years ago
- 1 (10 ounce) package rold gold brand classic thins pretzels shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted shopping list
- chocolate Filling shopping list
- 2/3 cup sugar shopping list
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 2 1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 3 ounces unsweetened chocolate squares, broken into small pieces shopping list
- 3 egg yolks, slightly beaten shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
How to make it
- Crush pretzels very fine in a blender or food processor.
- Add sugar and butter or margarine. Mix well.
- Press into a 9" pie plate.
- Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool. Fill with Chocolate Filling.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, milk and chocolate in the top of a double boiler. Cook over boiling water until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Cover and continue to cook 15 minutes.
- Stir part of the hot chocolate mixture into the egg yolks. Add to the chocolate mixture and mix thoroughly. Cool. Add vanilla extract and mix thoroughly.
- Makes one 9-inch pie.
- of course I serve this with whip cream on top! I wonder how pop corn would be? I love pop corn and chocolate. Guess it will mush out!
People Who Like This Dish 1
- recipediva Philly, PA
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cookrecipediva Philly, PA
- Not added to any groups yet!