Green Curry ChickenFrom sean_mcgee 7 years ago
- FOR THE PASTE shopping list
- 1/2 cup green onion (sometimes called spring onion) shopping list
- 1 or 2 green chillis (Jalepeno worked, but you probably should use Thai chillis) shopping list
- 4 to 5 cloves of garlic shopping list
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves and/or stems. shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger shopping list
- dash of Five spice shopping list
- OTHER shopping list
- Boneless chicken breast or Thighs cut into bite sized pieces shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- 4 oz mushrooms (fresh or canned) shopping list
- 6 oz frozen peas shopping list
- 8 oz coconut milk shopping list
How to make it
- Using a mortar and pestle (or a food processor) combine all the ingredients for the curry paste until they are mashed into as smooth a paste as possible.
- Heat some Vegetable oil in a wok on medium-high heat.
- Brown Chicken in Wok with a dash of Soy Sauce.
- Add your curry paste to the wok with the chicken and stir to combine.
- Add Mushrooms and peas to wok and stir to combine.
- Once peas are thawed and heated, yet still have a bite to them, add Coconut Milk.
- Bring mixture to a steady simmer. (If mixture is too soupy for your tastes, you may thicken it slightly by mixing in 1 teaspoon of a cornstarch and water paste.)
- Salt to taste. (I like to top it with Oyster Sauce, but not everyone likes it.)
- Serve with Jasmine Rice.
The Cooksean_mcgee San Antonio, TX
- Not added to any groups yet!