Turkey CroquettesFrom yummers 9 years ago
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil, plus some for frying shopping list
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 small onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 1 carrot, peeled & finely chopped shopping list
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley shopping list
- 1 pound leftover sliced turkey shopping list
- 1 ½ cups leftover mashed potatoes shopping list
- 1 ½ cups plain breadcrumbs, divided shopping list
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning shopping list
- A few pinches whole nutmeg shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- cranberry sauce shopping list
- gravy shopping list
How to make it
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the celery, onion, carrot and parsley, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. Let cool slightly.
- Heat a ¼ of an inch of oil in a large skillet with high sides over medium-high heat. In a mixing bowl, shred the leftover turkey using two forks.
- Add the mashed potatoes, ½ cup of the breadcrumbs, poultry seasoning, nutmeg, salt, pepper, egg and cooled veggies. Mix to combine and form into 10 patties about an inch thick.
- Dredge the patties in the remaining breadcrumbs and brown in two batches in a single layer in the hot oil for 2 minutes on each side or untl deep golden brown. Drain on paper towels and transfer to a serving plate. Serve with Cranberry sauce & gravy alongside.