onion saladFrom capedread 7 years ago
- 1 kg unpeeled pickling onions shopping list
- Sauce shopping list
- 5 ml salt shopping list
- 10 ml mustard powder shopping list
- 125 ml sugar shopping list
- 15 ml cornflour shopping list
- 3 large eggs, beaten well shopping list
- 200 ml milk shopping list
- 125 ml brown vinegar shopping list
- 250 ml cream shopping list
How to make it
- Boil the onions in salted water for 15 minutes or until just tender.
- Drain, leave to cool then remove the skins.
- For the sauce combine the salt, mustard powder, cornflour and sugar in a bowl, add the eggs and beat until creamy. Add the vinegar beating constantly. Combine the milk and cream and beat it into the mixture. Heat over low heat and simmer, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Remove from the stove immediately, pour over the onions and leave to cool
The Cookcapedread Peterborough. Cambridgeshire, GB
- Not added to any groups yet!