Green Curry LambFrom pluto 9 years ago
- 1 kg lamb (shoulder meat, without the bones) cut in 2-3 cm cubes shopping list
- 2 table spoon coriender seeds shopping list
- 1 stalk lemon grass chopped shopping list
- 1 large onion shopping list
- 2 gloves garlic shopping list
- 2 cm peeled ginger shopping list
- 3 lime leaves (fresh, frozen or dry) shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro (leaves & stems) shopping list
- 4 macademia nuts (without the shell) shopping list
- 3 table spoons fish sauce shopping list
- 2 tea spoon shrimp paste shopping list
- 2 tea spoon sugar shopping list
- 1 tea spoon turmeric shopping list
- 1 tea spoon salt shopping list
- 1 tea spoon sesame oil shopping list
- 1 table spoon dark soy sauce shopping list
- 3 green chillis or 1 table spoon hot chilli paste shopping list
- 2 bay leaves shopping list
- 1 sweet green pepper cut in bite sizes shopping list
- 1 sweet red pepper cut in bite sizes shopping list
- 1 can of coconut milk or cream shopping list
- 5 table spoons coconut oil, peanut oil or vegitable oil shopping list
How to make it
- Cush the coriender seeds finely in a morter and put in a blender mixer
- Then add the, large onion chopped, lemon grass, garlic, ginger root, lime leaves, fresh cilantro, fish sauce, shrimp paste, sugar, salt, turmeric, macademia nuts, soy sauce and process well to make the green curry paste.
- Heat oil in a frying pan, add the green curry paste, coconut milk, bay leaves, sesame oil and stirr until the oil separates from the curry mixture.
- Add the lamb cubes, mix and bring to a boil. Cook covered for 45 minutes or until the lamb is tender.
- Add the green and red sweet peppers and mix for 1-2 minutes
- Remove from the pan and place in a large bowl
- Serve with jasmine rice or fried rice sticks or noodles
- Enjoy a good dish in the weekend. You can not possibly do this on a week day.
The Cookpluto Markham, Canada
- Not added to any groups yet!