Hot And Sour SoupFrom coffeecuriosity 7 years ago
- 4 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced mushrooms shopping list
- 1 tsp garlic chili sauce shopping list
- 1/4 tsp Ground white pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup white vinegar shopping list
- 1/3 cup Canned water chestnuts, Sliced shopping list
- 1/3 cup Shredded carrots shopping list
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch shopping list
- 2 Tbsp water shopping list
- 1 egg, Beaten shopping list
- 2 green onion Stalks, Diced shopping list
- 1/2 tsp toasted sesame oil shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In 2-quart saucepan simmer chicken broth.
- 2. Add soy sauce, mushrooms, and garlic chili sauce. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 3. Add white pepper, white vinegar, water chestnuts, and carrots. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- 4. In a separate cup combine cornstarch and water, stirring until smooth. Then add this mixture to the soup while stirring. Simmer for 5 minutes or until soup thickens.
- 5. In separate bowl beat the egg until yolk and white are combined.
- 6. Pout beaten egg slowly, in a fine stream, into the soup stirring soup several times.
- 7. Wait 30 seconds.
- 8. Add green onions and toasted sesame oil to soup. Stir well. Remove from heat.
- 9. Serve hot.
The Cookcoffeecuriosity Madison, WI
- Not added to any groups yet!