Asian Beef KebobsFrom chefmeow 9 years ago
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak shopping list
- 6 green onions cut into 1-1/2 inch pieces shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic crushed shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger shopping list
- 16 bamboo skewers shopping list
How to make it
- Trim all fat from steak then cut crosswise into 1/4" thick strips.
- Make marinade by combining brown sugar, sherry, soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic and ginger.
- Place beef and half of the marinade mixture in plastic bag turning to coat.
- Close securely and marinade in refrigerator 20 minutes.
- Reserve remaining marinade.
- Meanwhile soak 16 bamboo skewers in water 10 minutes.
- Remove beef from marinade and discard marinade.
- Alternately thread beef and green onion onto skewers.
- Place kabobs on rack in broiler pan so surface of kabobs is 3-4 inches from heat.
- Broil 5 minutes turning once.
- Brush kabobs with reserved marinade during last 2 minutes.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating3 people
Hey there chef..This one is a winner. Thanks. I think I'd place it over a bed of brown rice, and it would be just the thing to use as a base for stir fry. mmmm yummy! You can have a 5 from me!!loxy in The World loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!