Roasted Mashed PotatoesFrom laurak 10 years ago
How to make it
- Cut the potatoes into 1-inch pieces, and toss in the bottom of a roasting pan with olive oil, oregano, salt, and pepper. If you're roasting a chicken, rest the chicken on top of the potatoes to roast.
- Bake the potatoes (and chicken, if you're doing that) in a 400F oven for an hour to an hour and a half. You want the potatoes to be soft enough to break apart with a fork easily.
- Heat the milk in a small saucepan. The oil in which the potatoes cooked will probably be enough fat, but you might want to add a bit of extra butter if they seem dry. Slowly add the milk in, mashing the potatoes with a fork, until you reach the consistency you like.
- Roasting the potatoes with a chicken adds a bit of extra flavor, but I bet these would be good without the chicken juices, too.
The Cooklaurak Boston, MA
- Not added to any groups yet!