Macadamia Crusted Mahi MahiFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 1/2 pound roasted and salted macadamia nuts shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups flour divided shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole milk shopping list
- 6 mahi mahi fillets shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1/2 cup white wine shopping list
- 8 ounces crushed pineapple drained and juice reserved shopping list
- 1/2 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 1 cup cold butter cut into chunks shopping list
How to make it
- In food processor combine nuts and 3/4 cup flour.
- Process until nuts are chopped medium to fine.
- Make egg wash by beating together egg and milk.
- Dust fillets with remaining flour then dip into egg wash then in the nut mixture.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Saute fillets in butter top side first until golden.
- Turn fillets and saute another 2 minutes to brown other side.
- Transfer to baking pan and finish cooking in preheated oven 15 minutes.
- In medium pan combine wine, juice from canned pineapple and cream.
- Cook over low heat until mixture thickens to coat back of spoon stirring constantly.
- This should take about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in cold butter and stir until melted.
- Add reserved pineapple and heat through.
- Divide pineapple sauce among 6 plates.
- Put 1 fillet over sauce on each plate.