black GnocchiFrom ellen69 8 years ago
- For Gnocchi: shopping list
- 1 kg potatoes shopping list
- 300 gr flour shopping list
- 8 g ink black (from cuttlefish) shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- For the salmon, peas cream sauce: shopping list
- 200 ml water shopping list
- 200 g green peas shopping list
- 200 ml light cream shopping list
- 20 leaves fresh basil shopping list
- 1 green onion, chopped shopping list
- extra vergin olive oil shopping list
- 120 canned smoked salmon shopping list
- salt & pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Cook the unpeeled , but carefully washed, potatoes in boiling water until they are soft. Cool them down and peel and smash them.
- Add flour and ink black to the potatoes mash tun and knead in order to obtain a non-sticky dough (if necessary, add further flour).
- Cut down some potatoes dough and roll to a cylinder about 1 cm thick. Cut into 2 cm-thick slices and roll them pressing a little bit on a fork . Go on with this procedure until there is not any dough left. Settle gnocchi for a while
- Now start the sauce preparation:
- Saute the chopped onion with a tbs of oil, add the peas, a pinch of salt and fresh ground pepper. Cook for a few minutes and then add the water. When the water starts boiling, cook the peas for 10 minutes. Smash the peas with a potatoes smasher, except for a tbs, which is kept aside. Add the cream, the smoked salmon (without oil or water) and the finely chopped basil to the peas smash tun and put them again over the cooker.
- Boil 2 liter salted water and cook the gnocchi (every single gnocco is ready when it is above water).
- Dress the black gnocchi with the salmon peas cream sauce, the peas kept aside, some further pepper and salt (if needed)